Topical hydrophobic drugs have limited formulation options:
- Hydrophobic drug formulations feel oily and skin-drying emulsifiers are undesirable.
- Commercial liposomes have been used, but their diameters are less than 0.2 microns.
- Low volume to surface ratios affect drug loading. Emulsion formulations have similar limitations.
Xylome’s TopicOil™ provides a hydrophilic carrier for hydrophobic drugs.
Xylome has created a radically new topical drug delivery platform: TopicOil™ with higher drug-carrying capacity, smoother texture and sealing properties unlike anything else on the market.
Xylome’s TopicOil™ drug delivery platform provides a radically new and greatly improved solution to hydrophobic AND hydrophilic topical drug delivery. Xylome’s highly purified TopicOil™ lipid bodies are an order of magnitude larger in diameter – ranging from 5 to 12 microns on average.
TopicOil™ is a
- Feel-good moisturizing macro-carrier for oily drugs but it feels watery
- High volume to surface area drug carrier
- Formulation that can carry hydrophobic and/or hydrophilic drugs
- White cream composed simply of pure lipid bodies
After drug delivery TopicOil™ forms a sealing surface lasting hours
- TopicOil™ lipid bodies are steam sterilizable.
- The product can be made under GMPs
- After drug delivery TopicOil™ forms a sealing surface lasting hours