Xylome has created a radically new topical drug delivery platform: TopicOil™ with higher drug-carrying capacity, smoother texture and sealing properties unlike anything else on the market.
Topical formulations for hydrophobic drugs have limited options. Hydrophobic drug formulations feel oily and skin-drying emulsifiers are undesirable.
Commercial liposomes have been used, but their diameters are less than 0.2 microns. Low volume to surface ratios affect drug loading. Emulsion formulations have similar limitations.
Xylome’s TopicOil™ drug delivery platform provides a radically new and greatly improved solution to hydrophobic AND hydrophilic topical drug delivery. Xylome’s highly purified TopicOil™ lipid bodies are an order of magnitude larger in diameter – ranging from 5 to 12 microns on average.
TopicOil™ is a
- Feel-good moisturizing macro-carrier for oily drugs but it feels watery
- High volume to surface area drug carrier
- Formulation that can carry hydrophobic and/or hydrophilic drugs
- White cream composed simply of pure lipid bodies
After drug delivery TopicOil™ forms a sealing surface lasting hours
- TopicOil™ lipid bodies are steam sterilizable. The product can be made under GMPs
- After drug delivery TopicOil™ forms a sealing surface lasting hours
- Quality Agreements can be arranged
Contact Dr. Thomas Kelleher
email@example.com for further information